Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm sad, mad and frustrated.

I opened a discussion at our ladies' meeting regarding the decor for our church basement now that the remodel is close to being finished. I had overheard a couple different people's ideas, and the ideas didn't mesh. And personally, I didn't like their ideas. So I thought by opening the discussion, we could at least decide to try to go in the same direction. I asked a lady to try to coordinate the ideas and come up with a plan. We decided to have a meeting after this coming morning's service and open the meeting up to the men, too. And then from that discussion, this lady could present her ideas to us.

Today, I got a call from one of the ladies from church who wasn't able to be at the meeting. "Did you decide on a color for the church basement at your meeting? So-and-so's husband just dropped off a five-gallon bucket of blue paint for the basement. My husband is working there; he said the color is going to make the basement look small. The man said he can't take it back now that it's mixed. I thought we were going to go with the color I recommended - you know, that golden yellow color I have in my house?"

All I can do is scream. I tried to avoid this. I shoulda just spoken up and told everyone that we already had white paint, and the basement was going to be white. I asked my husband, "Do I have to do everything myself?"

2 comments:

Anna said...

So this is may seem overly simplistic, but why does this have to be your problem? Tell people you're not in charge. If it gets painted a color that makes the basement seem small and (nearly) nobody likes it, paint over it. If people get peeved and complain and fight, let them work it out on their own. It's not your responsibility. And paint is relatively easy to fix.

Tammy said...

I guess it frustrates me b/c I care. And I thought by trying to plan ahead we could avoid all the mess/confusion. But you're right, it ultimately isn't my responsibility. In the meanwhile, DH is waiting on people to make up their minds so he can paint. And the lady at church with the annoying voice keeps asking, "WHen is he going to start painting?" UH - When he finishes staining all the doors, Lady. :0/ I'm just getting tired of people in general, I guess.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets