Monday, February 9, 2009

Still on Dime Watch

So. How on earth am I supposed to find this thing if she does pass it? I could tell you how I checked yesterday, but I will spare you the icky details. Baby was sure curious. I keep asking her if she's going to eat more money.

Little Boy is doing ok. He woke up with a headache today, and I was afraid he wasn't going to eat his breakfast after I had given him his shot. Thankfully, he seems to be feeling a bit better, and is eating his sausage, eggs, English Muffin with Jelly and juice.

His blood sugar was good at 2 am, and at 8 am when I woke him up. He doesn't get it that when his numbers are good in the morning, he still gets a shot. I feel so badly for him.

Each night before supper, I call his doctor to give him Little Boy's numbers, and the doctor changes the insulin doses. It is very comforting to have direct access to the doctor. Little Boy gets a bit upset when he sees a "big" dose, but we explained that if he does well with the big one, there won't be little ones during the day. And I bought a bag of sugar-free candy, so when he takes his shot without fighting or fussing, he gets a piece. Seems to help for the time being.

I was doing some reading last night about menu planning for him, and it gets very complicated. So many percentages of fat and protein; counting carbs, etc. I finally closed the computer b/c it was making my head hurt.

4 comments:

Anna said...

I am morbidly curious about how you look for the dime.

But I'm glad to hear Little Boy is doing okay with the shots.

Tammy said...

It involved a gallon ziplock bag, hot water and using the bottom of a soap bottle to mush. I figure the dime should drop to the bottom, while other particulates float. If you have a better idea, I'd love to hear it.

Anna said...

No, that's way better than what I would have done. My method would involve a plastic spoon and a full diaper. :D

Tammy said...

Rats. :0)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets