Friday, February 20, 2009

A Little Disgusted

I have to admit, I am a little disgusted and disappointed with all my "friends" on Facebook who couldn't take a minute to comment on my son's stint in the PICU/hospital. There were a few friends and family members who were kind enough to acknowledge our heartbreaking challenge, and I greatly appreciate them. However, I have 67 "friends". Where were they all? I got a much bigger response from my Baptist Moms group. Do I say something?

3 comments:

Jenni Green said...

I know what you mean. I had 140 some odd "friends" on facebook. Whenever I put that my family was going through something 90% of my so called friends never said a word. I figured the so called "friends" just wanted to keep up with me out of curiosity and nothing more so I went through and deleted them.

Anna said...

I just saw this because my parents' internet is so slow that I don't do much on their computer.

I'm sorry you've felt hurt by the lack of response. Is it possible that part of the problem is that your FB friends have enough other friends that it makes it hard to keep up with all of them? I only have 40-some, and I still sometimes miss when someone posts new pictures or has an interesting status update. I can't imagine if I had hundreds, the way some people do. In some ways, a forum like the Baptist Moms site is easier to keep up with what others are going through.

I know that probably doesn't make it hurt any less. But hey, *we* love you! :)

Tammy said...

I don't know what their excuse is; I just know that I feel like deleting at least a couple of them. One "friend" sent me a kick in the groin. How on earth is that funny at any time, much less now?

I guess I am irritated at the ones who spend enough time on FB to do multiple lists, but haven't said anything about Joel. It just irks me.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets