Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Other people's mistakes

can really mess up my day! Last week when I got home from the hospital, I made a couple phone calls. One of those calls was to the WVU Eye Clinic. I knew Baby had an appt., but I wasn't sure exactly of the day or time. So I called to make sure of the date and time - Feb 17, 2:45. I wrote it in my brain date book. I fed the fam, loaded Baby up in plenty of time for the 1 1/2 hour drive, and took off. I was hoping to get done with the appt. and to get home in time to take care of Little Boy's shot.

We got to the clinic, got out of the car without any barfing incidents - THANK THE LORD - and went in to check in. I told the lady Baby's name and the time of our appt., and she told me, "That appt. was at 12:45." NOOOOOOO! I told her that I called last week and the lady told me 2:45 and I wrote it directly into my book - and I showed her the book. She called back to the doctor and said, right in front of me, "Your 12:45 appt. just showed up for a 2:45 appt. - She says she called last week and someone told her 2:45. I don't know who would have done that. SOMEone got it confused." At that point, I wanted to reach across the desk and poke her in the shoulder - hard.

Thankfully, they were able to see Baby, but I kept watching the clock. I didn't stick around to find out when exactly her next appt. is - I told them to send me an appt. card. It was getting later, and I knew traffic would be heavier than normal. I ended up calling Mike's parents; they had to check Little Boy's blood sugar and I had to walk Grandma through drawing up his insulin. She said he was very cooperative. I told them what he could eat for supper. Baby and I stopped and ate supper at BK, and rushed home. Little Boy's blood sugar was a bit high tonight, and I had to give him an extra shot.

As for her appt., the doctor wants us to patch for two weeks, not patch for 4 weeks and return. If there is no improvement, she wants to talk to us about surgery. I just want to do anything possible to avoid that. Poor Baby - she is not happy about patching.

Tomorrow DH is taking Baby to see our pediatrician for her 3 year old check up, and in the afternoon, I'm taking Little Boy to Morgantown - trip #2 in one week. I'll be double and triple checking the time of his appt. tonight. Good grief.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hope the rest of you appointments this week go better than that!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets