My Sweet Valentine is looking a bit worse for the wear lately. He works so hard to help me around the house, is maintaining a 4.0 in his online courses, and goes off to work at all hours of the day - depending on where he is in his swing shift rotation.Last week, he moved his vacation week so that he could take care of Baby while I was at the hospital with Little Boy. My sweet husband did his best to pack necessities for me from my garbled instructions - he thought to include a sound spa - which may have been one of our most important items.
When we came home, there was a vase of yellow tulips for me, a balloon for Little Boy, and a welcome home sign. I was sweetly surprised, although I may have been too tired to verbalize it.
I look forward to the day when he and I are feeling better. Right now the romance stuff is on the back burner.
I wasn't expecting much today, but I was pleasantly surprised. I got a homemade card with a poem DH wrote for me, roses, a game, a movie and 2 books for us to work through together. And then the florist called this afternoon. He wanted to know if DH was home. I told him DH is at work. The florist said, "Well, there's a problem with his order. Well, not really a problem." He went on to tell me they had had a drawing to attract patrons, I guess. And Mike's and my name were drawn - for $100! I think that is so hilarious! DH is always talking about his terrible "luck". Maybe we're due.
Anyway. I remember our first Valentine's Day "together". It was just before he came to pick me up in Wisconsin. I was so lonely when he flew back to Maryland; we quickly decided that he would come back the next month to move me. All I could think about was being able to see him every day. Sadly, my work at the office did suffer. In fact, everything else suffered. But on Valentine's Day, my Sweetie sent me a dozen pale pink roses - my favorite. I know I was not able to think or talk of anything else at the time.
I still love to watch him while he's not looking. He's everything that I ever thought I wanted in a husband and so much more. I really am spoiled. He cooks, he cleans, does his own laundry, shares in taking care of the kids, and does all the "man" stuff, too. He rarely complains about the clutter and messes, and when I have no patience left, he fills in the gap.
God sure knew what I needed in a husband, and gave me the desires of my heart. My Dearheart!

I love you, Michael!
(This was the day after our engagement - March 2000.)
3 comments:
Awww, how sweet! :) Glad you had a good Valentine's day.
My favorite line above is "I still love to watch him while he's not looking." My Beloved Husband just discovered the background on my laptop is a closeup of him. Isn't it great just to see them? Such a blessing God has provided. May He continue to bless us with these marvelous men!
Oops - the picture was taken in June - on our way home from Reading, PA. It was taken at Sidling Hill - the same place we went the day after we were engaged.
Post a Comment