Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Bottomless Pit

So I had hoped Little Boy's appetite would be at least a little curbed now that he's on insulin. But today he's been ferocious. He ate 3 eggs, 2 pieces of sausage, 2 pieces of bacon, half an English muffin w/ sugar free jelly, a small bowl of cheerios w/milk, and a drink of water. No sooner was he done, he was asking how long until snack time.

So for a snack he had a dozen Quakes. And he was soon asking for lunch. I wanted to wait before I took his blood sugar; it should be high after eating his snack. So when I took it, it was only 66! Eeek. I gave him a small can of apple juice he had saved from the hospital and checked it again in 10 minutes. 110 - whew!

He ate two hotdogs on the bun, a 1/2 cup of SF pistachio pudding, a helping of green beans, and a cheese stick for lunch. Plus his water. He finished and asked me to hold him on the couch b/c his belly was hurting.

NO KIDDING.

So the kids and DH are down for a nap and that's where I'm headed, too.

1 comment:

Anna said...

That boy could out-eat most adults it sounds like! :) But I bet it'll level off soon. Glad he's doing okay.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets