Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Almost too much to bear

DH went to the doctor Monday, b/c I sent him. He was talking to the intern about his cold sore being brought on by stress. She told him there are studies out there that suggest Type 1 Diabetes in children could be caused by a virus. So last night I Googled it.

Basically, it's possible my son would not have diabetes if some fool out there had washed their hands after using the bathroom. And had I been more vigilant about germy stuff, staying home and avoiding sick people, and had I kept up with the kids being on Reliv, Little Boy might be in a different boat.

My head knows that I can't "what if", but I feel like my job as a Mommy is to keep my kids safe. And I didn't. And it breaks my heart that my baby will have to deal with something so difficult for the rest of his life.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I've started to comment, and email, and comment again, and nothing is coming out right. So I'll just say again, we're praying for all of you as you deal with this whole situation.

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

Please reconsider that first paragraph and note the words "suggest" and "could." You have kept your children safe. And you provide both of them with medical care.

The heartbreak is understood. And we are so very grateful for the medical marvels that provide care today -- and who knows about tomorrow? God knows. And, He cares.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets