Saturday, October 11, 2014

First Homeschool Group Meeting

I got to the library a half an hour early to get ready. I really expected my co-leader SM to be there, but it ended up being a good thing she was running late. I had to ask her to get plates and napkins! eek

The meeting was set to start at 1:00 and at 1:05 we were the only ones there. I was about to get really depressed when two ladies came in with their children.  SM said she recognized both the moms from a walk she had done, and the one mom recognized me from VBS at the other Baptist church in town.

We all hit it off right away; SM apologized for talking so much, but I said, "Isn't that what we're here for?" She took the kids to the other table and did a craft with them while I talked to the moms. The one mom didn't bring her special needs child; she was home with her dad with an ear infection. Both families are homeschooling due to bullying situations. I find that so sad, but our kids sat at the table after the craft was done talking like they had known each other for years.

Both moms left encouraged and that's what SM and I were hoping for. And WE were encouraged, too.

They bought bookbags and want tshirts like ours, so I think it's safe to say they'll be back! Our next meeting will be at my church since the library is spoken for on that day. I think it will work well for what we want to do.

My son said he wished we could meet every Friday. I'm glad he feels that way, but for now, I think twice a month will be good.

No comments:

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets