It's been so long since I posted. This past year has been full of blessings and a few challenges along the way. I think many of the challenges have been self-inflicted. And as I look toward the new year, I plan to be intentional and break some very bad habits.
I struggle with many issues that all break down to being very undisciplined. And so I am going to work on these areas a little at a time with the intent of building new habits.
So, one area that is very visible is my house. There is clutter everywhere. We hate it. My kids hate it; my husband hates it. And I hate it. It's how I grew up. Every so often my mom would get tired of the clutter and make us kids all pitch in and clean it up. Basically, move it to another place. That's not the solution. So I've started. Yesterday I unburied the countertop on one side of the kitchen. Today I cleaned out the cupboard and straightened out my son's diabetic supplies. Tomorrow I'll get the other countertops. I just have to keep at it.
I need to get more disciplined with laundry, homeschool stuff, getting up and going to bed at a decent hour. And the list goes on. And of course, my weight.
I started a diet a couple weeks before Thanksgiving. And I've done fairly well sticking to it. 2 protein meal replacement shakes a day and a "sensible" ? meal. It's not fun. And they don't taste all that great. But when I find myself turning up my nose or feeling resentful, I remind myself that I am the one who did "this" to myself. I have seen results, so that is encouraging. I do wonder how long I can keep it up, but for now I'm just sticking to it the best I can.
I'm still hoping we can go to Disney in February. My husband and I need to sit down and look at the costs, etc. I would feel better about going if we had about another $500 saved up. :( It's aggravating that the money I made from my summer yard sale ended up covering a shortfall in our checking. That could have gone a long way towards the trip. But it happened, and we just have to deal with what is.
Church stuff is going ok. I'm just glad the holidays are over now, and we can focus on 2014.
I don't know if it will be a happy new year, but I'm hoping that in a year I can look back and be satisfied.
I struggle with many issues that all break down to being very undisciplined. And so I am going to work on these areas a little at a time with the intent of building new habits.
So, one area that is very visible is my house. There is clutter everywhere. We hate it. My kids hate it; my husband hates it. And I hate it. It's how I grew up. Every so often my mom would get tired of the clutter and make us kids all pitch in and clean it up. Basically, move it to another place. That's not the solution. So I've started. Yesterday I unburied the countertop on one side of the kitchen. Today I cleaned out the cupboard and straightened out my son's diabetic supplies. Tomorrow I'll get the other countertops. I just have to keep at it.
I need to get more disciplined with laundry, homeschool stuff, getting up and going to bed at a decent hour. And the list goes on. And of course, my weight.
I started a diet a couple weeks before Thanksgiving. And I've done fairly well sticking to it. 2 protein meal replacement shakes a day and a "sensible" ? meal. It's not fun. And they don't taste all that great. But when I find myself turning up my nose or feeling resentful, I remind myself that I am the one who did "this" to myself. I have seen results, so that is encouraging. I do wonder how long I can keep it up, but for now I'm just sticking to it the best I can.
I'm still hoping we can go to Disney in February. My husband and I need to sit down and look at the costs, etc. I would feel better about going if we had about another $500 saved up. :( It's aggravating that the money I made from my summer yard sale ended up covering a shortfall in our checking. That could have gone a long way towards the trip. But it happened, and we just have to deal with what is.
Church stuff is going ok. I'm just glad the holidays are over now, and we can focus on 2014.
I don't know if it will be a happy new year, but I'm hoping that in a year I can look back and be satisfied.
1 comment:
Yay! So excited to see three new posts when I checked blogs today! :-) Loved hearing how you are doing. Great job on the decluttering and weight loss!
Post a Comment