Last summer I had a "yard sale", but because of weather it ended up in my garage. And because I didn't sell everything that first weekend, I had a repeat sale. And then it was hard to get it packed up. I was hoping to sell some of the stuff later. And with nice weather, it wasn't crucial to get the car back in the garage.
And then there was today. No, we're not as bad as up north. But -26 is cold enough. DH told me that he definitely could never move north. I can't say I'm disappointed! As much as I love my family and friends, I don't want to live in the frozen tundra, either. So when the kids went next door to G&Gs house after supper, DH and I cleaned up the "good" side of the garage. The OTHER side??? YIKES. It will take a long time to clean THAT heap of junk. But we did it.
We were almost done, and DH was really cold. I walked over and put my hand on his cheek. My hand was quite warm. He was flabbergasted. "REALLY???" lol I told him I did NOT want to feel the temperature of HIS hands. He's cold all the time anyway.
So he got his vehicle in the garage. I'm so glad he won't have to go outside in the morning to start it. I'm supposed to have my home school review tomorrow. I don't think I'll be going. There's going to be a make-up date, and I will have more time to finish getting stuff together. And I'm not going to feel guilty about it. It seems like Christmas came quickly, and the New Year and now this. Wednesday the kids have piano and Baby starts back to ballet. And Thursday I get to go to the dentist for a crown on the tooth that I had the root canal done in September. I just think I have enough things to worry about, and I'm just going to call and say I'm not going to make it. They've closed schools and other businesses here, so it's not like I'm being all that silly. :P
The barometer is changing. I can feel it in my bones. (And I saw it on our home weather station.) Hoping I can get a good night's sleep. I'm so glad the garage is "done" for now. :)
And then there was today. No, we're not as bad as up north. But -26 is cold enough. DH told me that he definitely could never move north. I can't say I'm disappointed! As much as I love my family and friends, I don't want to live in the frozen tundra, either. So when the kids went next door to G&Gs house after supper, DH and I cleaned up the "good" side of the garage. The OTHER side??? YIKES. It will take a long time to clean THAT heap of junk. But we did it.
We were almost done, and DH was really cold. I walked over and put my hand on his cheek. My hand was quite warm. He was flabbergasted. "REALLY???" lol I told him I did NOT want to feel the temperature of HIS hands. He's cold all the time anyway.
So he got his vehicle in the garage. I'm so glad he won't have to go outside in the morning to start it. I'm supposed to have my home school review tomorrow. I don't think I'll be going. There's going to be a make-up date, and I will have more time to finish getting stuff together. And I'm not going to feel guilty about it. It seems like Christmas came quickly, and the New Year and now this. Wednesday the kids have piano and Baby starts back to ballet. And Thursday I get to go to the dentist for a crown on the tooth that I had the root canal done in September. I just think I have enough things to worry about, and I'm just going to call and say I'm not going to make it. They've closed schools and other businesses here, so it's not like I'm being all that silly. :P
The barometer is changing. I can feel it in my bones. (And I saw it on our home weather station.) Hoping I can get a good night's sleep. I'm so glad the garage is "done" for now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment