So I've been working on my family tree for years now. My husband bought me a family tree program when we were first married, and he and I did extensive work on it. I got completely stumped when it came to my maternal grandmother's mother's family. It got to the point where I couldn't sleep, and all I could think of was finding information on her. I had to walk away from genealogy stuff altogether. And then I had kids. And who has time for anything with two babies rolling around?
In the last year or so, we've picked it back up. We have an Ancestry.com account, and a couple other accounts that greatly help in our search. I've located some of my grandmother's cousins' children, and I keep searching to find anyone who knows anything about that line. I think I found someone last night, but I am having a difficult time finding a phone number. I made a call to someone last night; we'll see if they call back. I have to tear myself away from the computer some nights to go to bed. I am getting a little better about walking away from the computer. Maybe that's because I have so many other irons in the fire? sigh
I'm on a FB page for parents of Type 1 Diabetics. A mom posted today that she's sitting in the ER with her son who overdosed on insulin. He had texted about it to a girl who called 911. The police came to their house at 3 am. He wouldn't be here today if she hadn't called. It's so heartbreaking. And way too close to home. As tiring as it is to count carbs, tell Little Boy to wash his hands and check, make sure his prescriptions and supplies are up to date, get up at 2 am to check his sugar... As tiring as it all is, I know it's infinitely more draining on him. And it makes me wish I could take it all on myself.
I'm sitting here getting teary, and my kids just started fighting. God wants me to stop thinking about it, I guess. ha.
In the last year or so, we've picked it back up. We have an Ancestry.com account, and a couple other accounts that greatly help in our search. I've located some of my grandmother's cousins' children, and I keep searching to find anyone who knows anything about that line. I think I found someone last night, but I am having a difficult time finding a phone number. I made a call to someone last night; we'll see if they call back. I have to tear myself away from the computer some nights to go to bed. I am getting a little better about walking away from the computer. Maybe that's because I have so many other irons in the fire? sigh
I'm on a FB page for parents of Type 1 Diabetics. A mom posted today that she's sitting in the ER with her son who overdosed on insulin. He had texted about it to a girl who called 911. The police came to their house at 3 am. He wouldn't be here today if she hadn't called. It's so heartbreaking. And way too close to home. As tiring as it is to count carbs, tell Little Boy to wash his hands and check, make sure his prescriptions and supplies are up to date, get up at 2 am to check his sugar... As tiring as it all is, I know it's infinitely more draining on him. And it makes me wish I could take it all on myself.
I'm sitting here getting teary, and my kids just started fighting. God wants me to stop thinking about it, I guess. ha.
1 comment:
We were playing around a little with family tree stuff a month or two ago, although without any memberships or anything. I can see how it can pull you in!
((Hugs)) on the diabetes stuff. Praying with you for a cure.
Post a Comment