The fact that I wrote yesterday's post without mention of something HUGE in our lives is a bit amusing to me. Yesterday my husband was called into an executive meeting on his day off. He found out that the mill where he works is being bought by another company. From past experience, this isn't a bad thing. Maybe because it's already happened twice in the last 10 years I'm not freaked out.
One great plus is that if this sale goes through, the current CEO will be out. This man is an anchor. And not in a good way. He was also the head of the schoolboard where I taught. His wife is a sweet lady, but his sons were all jerks. I'm hoping they've grown up, but I doubt it.
I personally have issue with a man who thinks it's acceptable to take a multi-million dollar bonus while the company is going through bankruptcy. This same man approved the decision to do away with picnics for the employees and Thanksgiving and Christmas bonuses. I mean, REAL bonuses. Not the $10 Christmas bonus that has taxes taken out of it. But then we heard that the favorite mill had a steak dinner for it's employees. Yeah. I strongly dislike that man.
My husband said that he personally would have rejected the bonus, but if he HAD taken it, he would have turned around and spent it on the workers. I love him so much.
ANYway. We're trudging forward.
I called off my homeschool appointment. I have another couple weeks. What a huge help. Trying to get the kids' work rounded up and copied and my planner in order *proocraaaastinator* (in a sing-song voice). I'm hoping the stress will just keep rolling off me. ha
My kids are not thrilled that they have a piano recital coming up the end of next week. Or that Mom and Dad keep pestering them to practice. And I have to admit, I'll be happy to hear them working on new songs. But I am so proud of them. And a bit jealous. I wanted piano lessons so badly when I was a kid. We never had the money. I know I could take lessons now, but I just don't think I'd have the patience/attention to do it. :/
It's cold outside. I've taken the dog out twice now. I'm thinking an inside pee pad isn't such a bad idea. haha
One great plus is that if this sale goes through, the current CEO will be out. This man is an anchor. And not in a good way. He was also the head of the schoolboard where I taught. His wife is a sweet lady, but his sons were all jerks. I'm hoping they've grown up, but I doubt it.
I personally have issue with a man who thinks it's acceptable to take a multi-million dollar bonus while the company is going through bankruptcy. This same man approved the decision to do away with picnics for the employees and Thanksgiving and Christmas bonuses. I mean, REAL bonuses. Not the $10 Christmas bonus that has taxes taken out of it. But then we heard that the favorite mill had a steak dinner for it's employees. Yeah. I strongly dislike that man.
My husband said that he personally would have rejected the bonus, but if he HAD taken it, he would have turned around and spent it on the workers. I love him so much.
ANYway. We're trudging forward.
I called off my homeschool appointment. I have another couple weeks. What a huge help. Trying to get the kids' work rounded up and copied and my planner in order *proocraaaastinator* (in a sing-song voice). I'm hoping the stress will just keep rolling off me. ha
My kids are not thrilled that they have a piano recital coming up the end of next week. Or that Mom and Dad keep pestering them to practice. And I have to admit, I'll be happy to hear them working on new songs. But I am so proud of them. And a bit jealous. I wanted piano lessons so badly when I was a kid. We never had the money. I know I could take lessons now, but I just don't think I'd have the patience/attention to do it. :/
It's cold outside. I've taken the dog out twice now. I'm thinking an inside pee pad isn't such a bad idea. haha
1 comment:
So they're buying all the mills? I read the article you posted and thought it was just the Wisconsin Rapids one. Apparently I need to read more carefully. Hope it ends up being a positive move for everyone.
Post a Comment