Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Reality

I know better. I know better than to think my mother would reply much less email me copies of the pictures I asked for. I know better than to hope that somewhere in her black, self-centered, spiteful heart she could do something kind for me. So why do I even bother? I don't know. I feel defeated and sad and stupid. And it bugs me that I keep checking my email to see if maybe she sent them. It would take her five minutes to scan the pictures and hit send.


Our refrigerator is not working correctly. DH vacuumed a PILE of dog hair from underneath it. He thinks one of the fans is not running. I'm hoping he can figure it out and fix it.


I'm exhausted. Staying up too late and getting up late... It's taking its toll. Pain is my constant companion anymore. Psoriatic arthritis stinks. I had a tiny psoriasis flare on my elbow. I really can't complain. Most people have huge patches; I usually don't have any. So that tiny spot the size of a dime isn't really enough to even mention. But it was an ugly, itchy reminder that I do indeed have an autoimmune disease that will surface at will.


I'm continuing to do my shake diet. I've had a couple people tell me that they can tell I'm losing. I guess that's a good sign. I want to get some water pills and try taking one once or maybe twice a week.


My kids are taking turns fussing about school. and piano. and clearing the table. and picking up after the dog. and about each other. It's draining.


So the lady didn't call yesterday about Sunday school and VBS; she got stuck in a meeting. She's supposed to call me today. Little Boy is going with his grandparents to get his hair cut this morning. The kids have piano at 3. Baby leaves for dance at 5:45. The business meeting at church starts at 6:30. And somewhere between schooling and refereeing I get to clean out the fridge and freezer.


Thankfully we have a fridge/freezer downstairs. It's not as packed full, but it's not empty, either. :(


Maybe I'll be busy enough to not worry so much about the email I didn't get.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Being tired and busy is hard. :( Hope you especially feel God's grace today. I know it doesn't change how you feel, but your mom's choices are a reflection her, not you. It's normal to hope and desire a response, not stupid. ((Hugs))

Tammy said...

Thank you. Coming from someone who knows the situation makes your comment even more relevant. <3

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets