Sunday, January 26, 2014

MORE SNOW!

My kids are totally lamenting being homeschooled right now. Local schools have been closed more than open the last couple weeks between the snow and extreme cold temperatures. I'm sure they'll be upset tomorrow when I have their schoolwork laid out.

I'm supposed to go to the dentist tomorrow morning, but I don't know if I'll make it. It's the last step of getting a permanent crown on the molar that I had a root canal done. Bleh. I'll be so glad when it's done. It's been a long time coming, and as much as I like our dentist, I hate going.

Church was busy today. When DH has to work day shift, it gets crazy. But I got up early enough to get things done. I made bread pudding in the crockpot today for the "pre-Sunday school snack". Meh. I didn't think it was that great. But people ate it and said it was good. I think they just liked it b/c it was warm.

I got the breakfast stuff set up and then posted stuff on the bulletin board and then taught the adult SS class. I led the singing since DH wasn't there, and taught children's church. And then drove home - uphill - on slippery roads. I was really afraid I wouldn't make it.

Can I just say that it's always a challenge for me to teach the adult SS class with my MIL sitting front and center. She participates in the discussion, but also tends to monopolize the conversation. And when she disagrees with me it's awkward. But it's once a month, so I'm not going to let it bug me.

I started watching The Blacklist this week. I think some of the killing is gratuitous, but I like the story line.

I guess I need to fix supper. 

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow, busy day! Are you getting more people out for Sunday school with the coffee and treats table?

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets