Friday, January 24, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Fajitas

I think I've posted this recipe before, and I know I've shared it with specific people. But this is a super yummy recipe, and it couldn't be any easier.

Crockpot Chicken Fajitas

2 pounds individually quick-frozen chicken breast tenderloin fillets
1 1.4-oz. package fajita seasonings
2 1/2 cups (1/2 package) frozen pepper stir fry
Juice of 1 lime (approximately 1 1/2 T.)
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
12 fajita-sized flour tortillas
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese
Fat-free sour cream, for garnish
Shredded lettuce, for garnish
Diced tomato, for garnish

Place frozen chicken tenderloins in crock pot. Sprinkle fajita seasonings over top. Add pepper stir-fry, lime juice and chicken broth. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

Spoon some of the chicken mixture onto a tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and garnish as desired with sour cream, shredded lettuce and diced tomato.

Makes 6 servings.

1 comment:

Anna said...

These sound really good! We have something in the crockpot and I get tired of doing the same things. We'll have to try these.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets