Last night I fixed a recipe I used to make frequently. Probably too frequently as I think my husband got a little tired of them.
Little Boy looked at them, and said he didn't think he liked them. But while we were waiting on Daddy to come to the table, he sneaked a tiny little taste of the crunchy, golden parmesan cheese. And I saw that look of discovery in his eyes that said, "I LIKE IT!"
Daddy came, we prayed, and he quickly gobbled the top, crusty part of the potato. I was worried he wouldn't eat the rest, but Daddy told him he'd have to eat the flesh, but not the skin. "WAIT! He DOES have to eat the skin! That's where all the vitamins and some of the carbs are!"
But it didn't really matter. During our conversation, he was devouring his potato. It didn't take him long, either. And poor little guy, he asked for more. I had to tell him that he couldn't, because I had already counted his carbs. He was disappointed, but he accepted it. So sad.
Here's the recipe:
Parmesan Baked Potatoes
6 T. butter or margarine, melted
3 T. grated Parmesan cheese
4 potatoes, halved (Leave on the skin)
Directions: Pour butter into a 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the butter. Place potatoes cut side down over the cheese. Brush butter and cheese up over the skins. Bake uncovered at 400 for 40-45 min.
Awesome alternative to potatoes and gravy! We really love these!
1 comment:
Thank you - I think I just found our side dish for supper tonight! :)
Post a Comment