Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's been a couple days

and not a whole lot has happened. Friday morning we took the kids to get their hair cut. The lady cut it a bit shorter than we normally have done, but it's hair. It'll grow.

DH and I went today. Different lady, same "problem." My hair is SHORT! But she left me enough on top to curl and if I use a lot of hairspray, I can make it poofy enough to make it look longer. Actually, my hair curls much easier when it's short, so I think it looks nice.

DH is on second shift, and I was here with the kids tonight. I was brave. We colored Easter eggs. In the dining room. And there were NO accidents! Yay! I was pretty calm, too. That's the big surprise.

I put the kids' Easter baskets together. I'm a little short on stuff for Baby. I'll look around and see what I can find.

Little Boy seems unsure about getting to eat "real" candy. I keep assuring him that if I cover it with insulin and he brushes his teeth really well right away, I will make an exception for Easter.

My living room is a pit. I don't know what to do. I should be cleaning instead of posting. Ugh. I'd like to be able to take pictures. Oh well. I just have NO motivation right now.

I talked to the kids tonight about why Easter is so exciting. I don't know if they could hear me; their little minds are so excited about the eggs. I think Little Boy was listening, though. He's been very curious about salvation lately. I don't want to push; I want any decisions to be genuine and I want him to really understand.

I'm singing tomorrow - my "usual" Easter song - They Could Not by Sandi Patty. If I do as well tomorrow as my practice today, I'll be more than happy. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Uneventful days are nice. :) Hope you have a blessed Easter!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets