Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conversation in the car

You know something is funny when your husband says, “That’s good material for your blog!”

Tonight on the way to church, we got sucked into another nonsensical conversation with our kids. They were discussing the animals that live in the woods in our area. Baby’s interest is that she’s scared of them. Little Boy was curious which animals are “shootable” and edible. He then started into this: “Why do people want to live in the woods? Is it so they can just walk out of the house into the woods to go hunting? I wouldn’t want to live out here (on a very curvy road through the hills and woods) because they don’t have anywhere to ride a bike.

“/;”

/
Iiiom ;
;oI/Commercial break – as I’m writing this a little girl who lives in our house is standing on the./’90opppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp34]Odszrf;lpfpdfkljlr[y;r[jljljlkjftj.;y.t[jfj;ldfjl;f;j;.j;.f.j.j;.j.juuyd8j[\ stepstool, only wearing a didie, singing, “You’re my sweetheart, you’re my sweetheart, and I know it’s true!” loudly. And intermittently she climbs across the arm of the couch to plant a huge smooch on me. Ah. Comedy central.

And apparently, while I was helping Little Boy get ready for bed, Baby decided to add her two cents.

Ok. So going back to our conversation in the car. We were talking about shooting bears, deer, squirrels, etc., and DH said people don’t eat bear. I told him they do, too. “Ok, normal people don’t eat bear.” Hmmph. Little Boy wanted to know how many times you could shoot a bear. We explained if you were hunting bear, you shoot it until it falls down. “Why couldn’t I use a machine gun?!” DH and I were joking about that – b/c politicians have taken away that right, b/c there would be big holes in the meat, b/c there are easier ways to tenderize meat. You get the idea. I added that some people shoot turkeys, pheasants, geese, ducks, etc. to eat, too.

Little Boy said he didn’t want to shoot birds; he would shoot a deer. DH and I told him then he would have to cut it open, let all the blood out, clean out all the icky guts. He said he wouldn’t do that. We said if you shoot an animal to eat, you have to do that. Here’s the best part of the whole conversation:

“I would get my wife to do that.”

He could be a very lonely man.

2 comments:

Anna said...

That's so funny! He needs to find someone like my mom to marry - she thinks gutting out a deer is interesting.

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

Now that's the true, real 'reality' show! Love those kids and their imaginations.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets