Friday, January 2, 2009

When God says "no"

I've always known, in theory, that God is a loving Father, even when He doesn't grant our hearts' desires. Now, I think, He shows us even more love by not granting our desires.

As a parent, it is much easier to just give my children what they ask for. But because I love them, I don't give them things that I know will not be good for them down the line.

Recently, God has shown me two clear instances where my heart was broken or I was disappointed and now I am millions of times better off because of it.

I think of other areas in my life where I struggle with being hurt and wondering why things are as they are and I am reminded that God is in control. Maybe some day I will look back and be thankful for those situations, too.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Parenting opens up a whole realm of understanding spiritually, doesn't it? Makes me wonder what I'll have learned by the time my boys are adults. :)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets