So I made the bean recipe today. Let's just say the half cup or so of dried beans that are left will look great on some little kid's artwork. The recipe took a lot of standing time, it took a long time to fix (almost 2 hours, I think), and it was just icky.
Little Boy started out with that look. The look that said he was going to cause trouble. I explained that it was something new, and that we were all going to try it for the first time. I fixed a salad to go along. I am sure he enjoyed the salad even more compared to the main course. Baby's first comment was, "Ewww. Yuck." But they both cleared their plates. DH and I took seconds, but I couldn't make myself finish.
I don't think we're really "bean people". DH said he was surprised I even tried it, as much as I despise beans. I guess I was thinking they would be different than say, kidney beans. They are in the respect that the shell is not as thick, and the taste was fairly bland. DH said it wasn't as bad as the Rachel Ray dish. Well, there's a glowing endorsement! LOL.
I told the kids, who started balking a bit toward the end, that it is not a family favorite, and I wouldn't be making it again. Little Boy said, "Ffffssshew". Guess that sums it up for me, too.
1 comment:
Don't you love how honest kids are? :D You're more adventurous than I am - I wouldn't have even tried it, lol!
Post a Comment