Back in October, my ENT doctor wanted me to get tested for allergies. The doctor's office contacted the insurance company to pre-authorize the charges. They called BCBS two times to make sure it was covered. When the testing was done and they submitted the bill, BCBS denied their payment. So, the office coded it differently, and resubmitted it.
Today the doctor's office called to say that BCBS is still refusing to cover the charges, and the doctor's office will cut the bill in half if we will pay it. I don't know what the other options would be, but does anyone have an extra $500 lying around to pay my bill?
I told the lady that my husband takes care of our bills and insurance stuff, so I'd have to talk to him and get back to her. I could just cry.
3 comments:
How rotten of your insurance company! I don't have an extra $500, but I do have some sympathy available. :) Too bad sympathy doesn't pay the bills, eh?
Since the doctor's office received the BCBS approval, I'd suggest they attempt another coding change before paying out $500. Otherwise, it's my MiL's payment methodology -- $10/month until it's paid for.
My husband called BCBS, and that's what they told him. I haven't been able to talk to anyone at the doctor's office since then. I'm trying to be optimistic. :0)
Post a Comment