Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ladies' Christmas party and our Friday night







So, Thursday, I ran around like a mad-woman, fixing food up to the last minute, washing my hair, getting ready and changing clothes, dressing Baby, and the ladies showed up a couple minutes after 7. All 6 of them. I know of at least one person (who reads this blog) who told me she was coming who didn't show up. What happened? She wasn't afraid of the rain at 40 degrees, was she?

We visited a bit, had a devotional, had our jingle gift exchange, ate and ate and ate, and then exchanged cookies. And soon after, the ladies left, and Baby and I were here alone. And I was basically left a cripple.

My house was beautifully clean, until you looked in MY room. That's where I stashed all the stuff I didn't know what to do with, or didn't have time to deal with. Oh well. I was ahead of the game this year. Instead of ending up with a pile of stuff, I used banker's boxes. That way, each box was from an area. When I need to find something, I find the box from that area and I can easily find what I want.

I told my husband that one of these years I would get our house clean for real. But it won't be for the ladies' Christmas party. I am not hosting it next year. DH told me good, b/c he wasn't going to let me, anyway.

Friday was a total recuperation day. I wasn't able to get off the couch until about 12:30 to fix the kids some lunch. After that I puttered around. Friday for supper we went to Denny's. It is nice to take the kids out to eat now that they can behave in public. We came home and DH and I had pies from McDs and the kids had vanilla shakes from there. Little Boy told us he had really eaten too much, and his belly hurt. I gave him some gas drops; I thought that would help.

About midnight, he came into our room. We had just gotten into bed and turned off the light. He was soaked from his belly to his knees. We found clean jammies and changed his bedding. DH put him in the shower and about 4o minutes later, we had him tucked back into bed. As I was tucking him in, there was a niggling thought that he didn't look like he was completely well.

A little before 2, I heard him get up and go into the bathroom to pee and he got a little drink. About 5 minutes later, he was standing in our doorway - he had barfed in his bed. So DH and I got up. I took the boy, DH took the bed. How thankful I am for a husband who will do that! I got my son's clothes off, got him sprayed off in the shower and ran him a bath. We left him in there until we got things taken care of in his room.

We finally got him back into bed, armed with a barf bag and clear, practiced instructions on how to use it. And I got into bed. DH stayed up; he waited for hot water and got a shower, and then came back to bed. I hope he wasn't resentful that I was asleep and VERY likely snoring my head off.

Today, we've made Little Boy stay calm and as inactive as you can keep a 5 year old boy. We think he ate something that didn't agree with him, or he just ate too much. But we don't want to chance it. His face looked overly flushed. He thought maybe he should stay home and not go to the Christmas program tomorrow evening. "I might barf while I'm singing, Mommy."

Good try, huh?

1 comment:

Anna said...

What a crazy couple of days! Your party looked very pretty, though. And poor Little Boy - although he must be feeling better if you had to work at keeping him still ... :)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets