Friday, September 26, 2008

So Now What?

I went to the ENT today - not my favorite visit, but as I sat in the exam room for 20 minutes waiting for the doctor, I realized I hate going to any doctor's appointment. Having the doctor look up my nose as I recover from a sinus infection just isn't my idea of nice. Poor him!

I was especially nervous to tell him that I had quit taking all my meds early in July. I explained what had happened - I quit taking the Indomethacin for my psoriatic arthritis because I started having chest pains. At the same time, I decided to quit taking ALL my meds to see what would happen.

I told him I didn't feel better, but I didn't feel worse, either. Then when we went to Indiana, the lump in my throat disappeared. After we returned, I was driving with my windows down and the lump came back all at once.

He said between what I told him and the results from my allergy testing, he's sure my swollen larynx is the result of allergies. (Well, duh.) He wants me to go back on my allergy meds - singulair, nasonex and now he wants me to try OTC Zyrtec.

Then I told him about the insurance statement we recieved yesterday saying they are not paying for any of my allergy testing costs - only $1263! The doctor was upset, talked to the billing clerk and the allergy nurse came in. She said they called my insurance company twice to verify that they would cover the testing. BCBS said they would cover it 100%. She said they would call again, resubmit the charges with a different billing code, and see what happens. The billing clerk gave me the dates she called and the name of the lady she spoke to. So, I need to call, too, and see what happens.

I HATE confrontations. I just want to sleep.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Good for your doctor for taking up for you with the insurance! Hopefully it'll get resolved with them resubmitting it. And maybe the Zyrtec will help? Hope so!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets