Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fresh Strawberry Pie


Ok - this is not an original recipe, and I cannot remember exactly on which recipe site I found it. Taste of Home, I think. But it is a tested recipe and it was a huge hit at the teen cookout. I have written the directions from the notes I scribbled, so if the wording is odd, that is why. This isn't my picture, either, but it looked just like this before it was consumed!
Fresh Strawberry Pie

1 pie crust, baked
6 c. sliced strawberries
1 c. sugar
3 T. cornstarch
Whipped topping

First layer:
Pie crust
2 c. sliced strawberries

Second layer:
2 c. halved strawberries, mashed
1 c. sugar
3 T. cornstarch

Third layer:
2 c. halved strawberries
Whipped topping

Directions:
Bake the pie crust according to the directions on the package, or bake it for about 15 minutes @ 425 degrees. Prick the bottom of the crust before baking or use weights.

After the crust is cooled, place the sliced strawberries in the crust.

Combine the mashed strawberries, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and let cook for about 2 minutes – stir constantly. Cool filling in a bowl for about 15 minutes. Pour over sliced strawberries.

Place the halved strawberries on top of the filling.

Serve with whipped topping.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Can you mail me one? :D

Tammy said...

Sure, I'll get right on that! LOL.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets