Crafting seems like such a guilty pleasure that I am happy when I have an "excuse" to pull some stuff out to play with. I'm working on a bulletin board for church that is in a common area in the basement/fellowship hall. I am excited to see what it looks like when it's up; I'll be sure to post pictures! I found some cute wrapping paper at the dollar store, and picked up a coordinating solid color - yellow. I struggled with what to put up there after it dawned on me that the yellow bees I was planning to put up wouldn't show up against the solid yellow paper. I wanted something spring-y without being holiday specific. It had to be bright, and cheerful without being childish. And it had to be more interesting than just a two-dimensional board. So I left it. I was too exhausted last weekend to worry about it.
I finally came up with the saying/theme, "Showers of Blessings" and found an adorable umbrella to work into the design. I couldn't find the right shade blue streamers to use for the border, so I sat and cut strips of cardstock today. I have the raindrops cut out, too, and I was going to write words on them in white jell pen, but they won't show up well enough. I searched my craft stuff; I am almost positive I have small white stick on letters, but I can't find them. I looked for plastic alphabet stencils in Baby's room, but I can't find the little book that has the stencil sheets in them. sigh. So for now the raindrops will be silent. haha As soon as Little Boy comes home from his friend's house, we'll go down to church and get the stuff put up. And then I need to get stuff put away where I can find it again the next time I have an excuse to get crafty. ;)
Here's the board. :) It's not perfect, but I think it's cute.
I finally came up with the saying/theme, "Showers of Blessings" and found an adorable umbrella to work into the design. I couldn't find the right shade blue streamers to use for the border, so I sat and cut strips of cardstock today. I have the raindrops cut out, too, and I was going to write words on them in white jell pen, but they won't show up well enough. I searched my craft stuff; I am almost positive I have small white stick on letters, but I can't find them. I looked for plastic alphabet stencils in Baby's room, but I can't find the little book that has the stencil sheets in them. sigh. So for now the raindrops will be silent. haha As soon as Little Boy comes home from his friend's house, we'll go down to church and get the stuff put up. And then I need to get stuff put away where I can find it again the next time I have an excuse to get crafty. ;)
Here's the board. :) It's not perfect, but I think it's cute.
1 comment:
Very cute! Nice and cheery. Good job!
Post a Comment