Saturday, April 23, 2011

Coloring Eggs

The kids are coloring eggs. I know it's fun. I loved coloring eggs when I was a kid. In fact, after they are done and in bed, I have a couple to color myself. But like all messy "crafts", I get freaked out about the possibility for an HUGE mess. I make the kids take off their clothes (except undies of course) and sit on the kitchen floor with the color cups on a sheet pan on top of newspaper.

Poor kids.

Sigh.

Easter really snuck up on me this year. I tried to get into it. I bought stuff for their baskets yesterday. And I got the last minute clothing necessities - little white cardigan and tights for Baby, new dress shirt for Little Boy... I am looking forward to being done with tomorrow. But I'm getting nervous for the end of the week when I go to WA.

I need to find the disc for my song for tomorrow. I'm going to run through it and see if I have enough voice to power through it. I've been taking Benadryl to dry up the drainage, and I may have saved my voice. We'll see.

Happy, Blessed Easter everyone!

PS - So the dye cups are still on the floor on trays. I need to move them so that I can dye my eggs. But Baby was trying to get into the kitchen. I asked her to not come into the kitchen. Twice. And then when she pushed past me, I raised my voice. She ran into the living room crying. "You just hurt my last feeling." I told her, "You've been on my last nerve, so now we're even!"

My husband was standing in the kitchen laughing.

We are so looking forward to her being a teenager.

NOT.

2 comments:

Anna said...

See, our problem is not so much about the dye as it is Alex and Ben's efforts to see if the eggs will bounce. Then they cry when their eggs are cracked. I figure spills are inevitable so I don't worry about that - but I don't have a rug under my table like you do.

Hope you have a good church service tomorrow!

Unknown said...

My parents never worried about the mess...when it was too cold to go out to play, Mom would bring the snow or the leaves came inside!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets