Saturday, January 15, 2011

How Did I Kill the Tree?

Baby asked me this evening how I killed our Christmas tree.

Huh?

How did you kill the lights on our tree? (A small section has gone "out", and DH will find the culprit bulb when we take down the tree.)

I told her I didn't "kill" the lights, and that I didn't "kill" our tree. It's artificial. Of course she asked what that meant. I told her it's fake; it's plastic. She didn't believe me.

Poor kid. She's never seen a real one inside, so she wouldn't know the difference.

Hopefully soon we'll get ours taken down. I'm ready to rearrange the furniture and get back to "normal".

Whatever that is.

1 comment:

Anna said...

It's funny how kids see things. :) I'm always happy to get our tree down, too ... it's very satisfying to get things put away after the chaos of Christmas!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets