Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Decisions

I wish it was easier to make important decisions. I guess, usually I can be more decisive. But this decision involves the lives of so many other people. If I had to make a decision right now regarding the pastoral candidate we just hosted, I would have to vote "no".

I was talking to a lady from church who feels pretty much the same way. She asked me what it would take to turn my vote into a "yes". I don't know.

The head deacon texted my husband that the committee needs to meet. Apparently he and his wife have finally compared notes, and he now knows that she will vote no and he will vote yes. Hmm. I'd hate to be living in that mess.

Thankfully my husband is as unsure as I am.

1 comment:

Anna said...

We'll be praying for guidance for you. If you really feel the Holy Spirit leading you to vote "no", though, don't be too worried about the lives of the pastor and his family. I'm sure they don't want to be there if that's not where God wants them - and I'm sure they're trusting Him to provide the right church for them.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets