Saturday, January 22, 2011

Praying for God's Eyes

We met the pastoral candidate and his wife and daughter today. Hmm. I don't want to describe them physically. They aren't the world's idea of beautiful. But they are kind, respectful and genuine. They really seem humble and willing to serve.

I haven't heard him preach in person, so I'm trying to reserve my "judgment." I think I'm so weary that I am looking forward to someone to shoulder the load.

I might go into more detail at another time, but right now I need to get some meds and lie down.

I just pray that God will help me see this minister and his family through HIS eyes. And it bothers me that I have to fight off the shallowness, because I'm not anything all that special myself.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I've been praying for you and your church this weekend whenever I think of you. It's good to pray to see them through God's eyes!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets