Friday, July 31, 2009

Screaming is rarely good

And when I hear Baby screaming, usually it's because she's throwing a fit. But Mommy can tell the difference. I called the kids in last night, and heard her blood-curdling screams as she ran around the side of the house. I really expected that Little Boy had pulled her elbow out of joint again, but she was holding her hand.

I was scared to look at her hand; I don't do well with blood or pain. When she finally let me see it, I was sickened and relieved at the same time. It could have been worse - brother could have gotten all four fingers at the same time. But I knew that I needed to take Baby to the ER.

It was time to check Little Boy's blood sugar, and it was high. So I tried to figure out what to do! Why do these things always happen when Husband is at work? I called him and he helped me figure it all out. But not far down the road, I thought, "I should have given her some Tylenol!"

She was actually more upset that Little Boy had wrapped a rope around her, but I kept telling her that was not how her finger got hurt. I also explained to her numerous times that it was an accident and that she was going to have to forgive him. We were almost ready to leave the ER when she told him she wasn't mad at her anymore.

She cried and screamed from the time of the accident until we pulled into the parking lot about 45 minutes later. I am so glad the stroller is still in the trunk! She wouldn't walk, and I couldn't carry her. We were there about 9:45 pm. We got into the car at 12:20 am. We got home at 1 am, and the kids were in bed by 1:12 am.

It was just a really long night, and today as Husband left for work, he told me he hoped he wouldn't get any ER calls. Me, too!

3 comments:

Anna said...

That picture just makes me cringe. I'm so glad it wasn't any worse!

Bessaroo said...

That looks nasty! How's the finger doing now?

Tammy said...

It looks ok for what it is. It's still seeping, and it's turning purple underneath. But the doctor said to expect the deep tissue bruise for a couple weeks.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets