Friday, July 10, 2009

Tonight I smiled

I went grocery shopping today. It wasn't long before I started feeling down. Everywhere I look are foods that aren't good choices for Little Boy. I can give him whatever food we want, as long as we cover it with insulin. But when I can give him a cup of pasta or a cookie, I have to make the wise choice. So, I get sad. It isn't fair - I should be able to give my son a cookie when I want.

So I bought packaged rice krispy treats, and that's what my kids had for dessert tonight. And I watched Little Boy's face. He opened it and got excited. "I haven't had one of these for a long time."

He took his first bite, with his eyes closed, and said, "Ummmmm. This is so good Mommy."

And I smiled.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sometimes the little moments like that are the sweetest. Glad it made you smile.

Bessaroo said...

A rice krispy treat sure does sound good!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets