I was flipping channels, and settled on an old episode of 20/20 on We TV. It was about abducted children. A boy who was never found, a girl who was found 3 years later - murdered, and a girl who was rescued but was severely abused.
My heart aches when I see dead animals on the road, but when I hear stories like these, I just about lose it. I fear for my kids' safety with so many degenerates in our world. I find small comfort in living in a small community, but that is no guarantee. Many times, abductions take place in small communities, too. Is there any thing worse than not knowing where your child is, or if they have suffered at the hands of another? Is there anything worse than knowing your innocent child was sexually abused and murdered? Is there anything worse than watching your innocent child, broken and used, struggle to find a safe place again? I guess being the child being harmed by someone who is supposed to protect you rates right up there.
I know there are horrible situations - watching your child suffer in illness, handicaps, heartaches. But missing children (and adults) just kills me.
So I cannot help but think that in these situations, hell is too kind.
1 comment:
There is so much heartbreak in those stories - and I can't imagine having to live with the knowledge of my child having suffered that way. If it weren't for knowing that my children are in God's care, no matter what may happen to them, it would be so easy to be overwhelmed with fear. About the only thing I can think of that would be worse is knowing that my child had died without having accepted Christ as Saviour.
Post a Comment