Monday, March 16, 2009

Running from trouble

So, I'm in VBS mode, again. Not full-out, crazy-eyed, can't sleep mode, but just putting some thought into the program. I finished a basic flyer, and have been looking at different sources for any items that would tie in with the theme.


A 3-Day VBS Adventure with Jonah! I found a 3 day program online, and now I'm just thinking about some things to supplement it, since I find it thin in some areas. Church should already have a Jonah story for each grade level, but I'm not sure if the stories could be stretched to three days.


So it follows that I was thinking about the whole story of Jonah. Wouldn't his life have been so much easier if he would have followed the path God had for him from the start? And it would have been enjoyable if he had had a good attitude about it.


I wonder what happened to Jonah after the story in the Bible ended. Did he end up being a sour, old, shriveled up man? Did he learn from his mistakes, and obey God the next time He called on him?


Humanly speaking, sometimes it's hard to accept, much less rejoice, that good things happen to evil people, but it's not my call to make. I know my reward is in Heaven, and I have to keep my focus on being worthy.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I like to think Jonah came to realize that God's compassion on the Ninevites was a reflection of His compassion toward us - that he realized how truly great God's love is, and how redemption is all about God and not the one being redeemed.

But then, I like happy endings. :)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets