Thursday, March 5, 2009

Stinky Mill Days


We live close to a paper mill. It's where my husband works. It's where his father worked. And his grandfather. We are immensely thankful for a place of employment that pays as well as the mill, and has very good insurance benefits (for the time being).

However, along with the benefits of the mill, come the pitfalls. The biggest one I can think of is the repugnant stench emitted. I was talking to Little Boy about it on our way home from the dentist. I said, "Remember what it's like when you go outside and it's really stinky?"

He said, "Yes! It's so bad it makes me want to put earplugs in my nose!"

I hadn't ever thought of it, but YES! That is exactly it!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I can so relate to this! We can usually only smell it as we go through town, though.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets