Thursday, January 3, 2008

What day IS it?

It's one of those days, again. I have had to stop and think all day to remember what day of the week it is.


I had my follow-up appt. with the rheumatologist today. He said all my blood work came back very good, and gave me a prescription for a one-a-day ibuprofen. My next appt. is in March. I got in the car and realized I hadn't talked to him about exercising. Maybe it was a subconscious thing. I felt like banging my head on the steering wheel - "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I have an appt. with my regular doctor the end of the month. I may call back at the rheumatologist's next week to find out. He's only in the Cumberland office T-W-Th.


I stopped at Joann Fabric and ordered a dress form. I had a 40% off coupon. Now, hopefully, when I sew myself some clothes, I can be sure they will fit! I am really tired of sewing a dress or skirt only to find out that it's too small.


I also picked up some more Christmas stuff that was 70% off and a couple baskets for the kids' stuff on the fireplace. Maybe we can contain SOME of it.

On the list of things Little Boy has learned from the pastor's son - "bull shoot". Now we are SURE he didn't learn that from Granddad. Granddad wouldn't bother with a euphemism. When we asked where Little Boy heard that he said it was the pastor's son. And Little Boy is supposed to go to PK's birthday party Saturday at the bowling alley. I will be going along and staying. I'm going to take along the video camera - to capture Little Boy's first time bowling, of course.


I have a small pile of Christmas cards to find addresses for and get into the mail. Just in time to take down our tree.


DH and Little Boy have army guys set up all over the floor and they are having a war. Baby walked by and the book she was carrying poked Little Boy's arm. "OW! Her poked my arm with that book!" Her reply? "Ha ha ha ha haaaa," in a sweet little voice. Oh boy.


It's 3 minutes till jammie time and Little Boy is getting more wild with his warfare tactics. He's "detacking" Daddy's army with flying tanks and his "gazoopas" (bazookas).


He's yelling "Yeah!" b/c he "won". Now my turn to win. Ha ha!


"Jammie time!"

1 comment:

Anna said...

Good news from the doctor! And you're not stupid. Somehow the doctor's office seems to induce forgetfulness.

Sounds like you're all having a gun ... I mean *fun* evening. :)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets