Monday, January 28, 2008

Time flies ...

When you spend all week wiping boogers and sitting up all night on the couch holding a coughing baby with a high fever.

I had called the nurse last Tuesday to see if I should bring the kids in. She said they recommend waiting a week to be sure it's not just a cold. ?

Thursday night I had to run to the drug store to get a couple things for the sick babies. Since DH was working a double shift and G&G were gone, I had to drag the sick kiddos along. We stopped at McD's on the way home. I was hoping I could get Baby to eat something. I got home and surprise surprise. They messed up our order -- AGAIN! I had my sandwich and one box of 6 pc. nuggets. Well, after about 9 weeks of wrong orders I was ticked. I called and talked to the manager and she apologized and put my name on the "List" for 2 free meals.

Well, I had only waited 5 1/2 days and took Baby in anyway. Turns out she had a double ear infection. So now she's on antibiotics and the fever has subsided. She still is not eating and I have to chase her around with her cup to get her to drink anything. Her breakfast today consisted of a couple sips of water, about 1/4 of a banana and one tiny bite of a doughnut. Definitely not the breakfast of champions.

Saturday DH started feeling sick. And I think he may have been feeling a little passive agressive. He spent the morning lying on the couch while I tried to get things picked up/cleaned. I think like my MIL, he may have thought I should cancel the stop at our house. Her words were, "They can live without the appetizer part of their meal." I finally sent him to bed so I could get stuff done. He did get up an hour before they came and helped out with the last stuff I had to get done. We had the teens over for the appetizer part of their progressive dinner. I fixed taco dip and bacon wrapped little smokies. And they were a little smokey after I left them under the broiler on high for 5 minutes. Talk about dumb. But there were only 2 left, so they must have liked them inspite of the charcoal appearance.

The group was here for only about 45 minutes, so we had our clean house and the rest of the evening left. I was exhausted! And starting to feel a little yucky. I took a dose of benadryl and felt much better.

Sunday am & pm Little Boy and I went to church and DH stayed home with Baby. On the way home I stopped at McDs and ordered and told them I had my name on the list for 2 free meals. I got to the window and they gave me our food. I pulled ahead and looked in the bag. No nuggets. So I went back through the drive through and they gave me the nuggets and 2 apple pies. I think they are all blind, mute, handicapped people working there. Or maybe they are all under the influence of the noxious fumes from the water treatment plant 2 businesses away. In any event, I plan to call every time they mess up our order. It is just ridiculuous.

After church last night I talked to the pianist and she is going to try to play the accompaniment to a song I want to sing. The original arrangement would give the pastor and most of the people a stroke. I talked to her about giving Little Boy piano lessons later this year. She said she's never given lessons but she'd be willing to start him out. She's his SS teacher and he really likes her, so I'm hoping he would be more willing to do well. And we talked about getting together at Denny's when her DH is working second shift.

Well, I think that's about it. Such a boring life. But I don't think I could handle any excitement right now.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hope you're all feeling much better soon. And sheesh, what's with your McD's? Obviously, if they have a running list of people who get free meals because their order was messed up, they have serious staff issues!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets