Friday, January 4, 2008

More "drugs," please!

It's been a fairly good day, but I'm feeling some anxiety. I took an extra pill tonight b/c tomorrow is sure to be even more stressful - with taking a four-year old to a bowling birthday party with a bunch of other little brats kids.

We had Pizza Hut pizza tonight. Definitely a luxury seeing that they now have DHs leg. Ha. Next visit will require an arm. Any volunteers?

Little Boy's latest annoying habit? He sings everything, even made up German words, to the tune of Deck the Halls. I have no idea where he picked it up. He said he heard it on a video, but doesn't know which one. DH and I sang it together for him with the right words. Baby yelled, "Stop!" She doesn't know talent when she hears it! Ha ha.

Talked to a friend today - Hi - whose MIL must be long lost sisters of my MIL. Will go way out of the way for one grandchild but not another. Come to think of it, my other close friend's mother is much like my MIL, too. Yikes. Are they all nuts? Ask my brother's wife - she got the winner of all winners for a MIL. Be very thankful she doesn't live next door, I guess.

My New Year's "resolution" is to get my household mess under control. It's not so much a day to day thing as much as it is a long-term goal. That and lose about 100 lbs.

Maybe I need a drug for that, too. Why not? Just add it to the pile.

1 comment:

Anna said...

You have to admit, I just don't have the day-to-day annoyances with my MIL that some people do. Complete lack of interaction will do that for ya.

And hey, I'll join you on your household and weight loss goals. :)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets