Or irritation.
The SS meeting tonight was ... interesting. The man leading the meeting spoke to us for about 15 minutes about teachers needing to be at church at least 5 minutes early. But then he danced all around the issue that one teacher who teaches in the church sanctuary needs to be sure to end on time. aaaaaaaargh
I told him after the meeting I wished he had just said what he didn't say but clearly wanted to say. He pretty much knew what I was talking about.
I also was ticked at some of the rude things that teacher said. Whenever he feels like someone is saying something negative about him, he lashes out with rude comments. (That's real mature.)
I was talking to the head deacon after the meeting about the VBS stuff I was sent. I wanted to make sure there weren't any issues beforehand so that things could be changed now if needed. This rude guy walks up and says, "Maybe you could make copies of these to give to the "leadership"." I wanted to say that as far as VBS goes, I AM the leadership, you big JERK. But I didn't. I said I could make copies of the daily schedule, but that it wasn't necessary to hand out copies of the the lesson synopses that they sent. He didn't say anything. I picked up the papers and put them in my purse. It's not that I feel good being snotty, but I've just had it.
I emailed the incoming pastor today. I recommended the CPA our last church used when I was the church treasurer. I copied the email to our current treasurer b/c I don't want anyone getting upset. But it's almost to the point of doing what I need to do and not worrying about who gets upset about what. I mentioned in my email that I've done accounting/payroll stuff in the past for a couple places I worked. I know there are people who do not know half of my job history who are going to just scoff. I half feel like I need to hand out my resume in order to get any kind of respect.
DH was mentioning that he feels like he doesn't get respect with his family or at church. That makes me pretty sad; he's got more insight and integrity in his little finger than some of them have had their whole lives. I just hope the pastor reads people for who they are. Poor guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment