Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rollercoaster Ride

It's been awhile since I was on a real rollercoaster. I pushed myself to enjoy the ride above the fear in the pit of my stomach. This past weekend I had to do that same thing getting onto 4 different planes. All four planes "experienced turbulence." We had one landing that made me very nervous. I was very glad to see my friend Gina, and it was good to see her family. We ate and shopped, shopped and ate. And then ate some more. It was so nice to sit and talk to someone who knows me - knows what I've gone through - knows that once upon a time I wasn't this fat. Someone who shares history with me. And I think we didn't have enough time to get on each other's nerves. That makes the visit a success.

And now I'm home. And my kids didn't magically become angels, and the housework still exists. And our schedule didn't change. So it's like coming off the rollercoaster back into the daily grind. Which isn't a bad thing. It makes the rollercoaster ride a fond memory, and I get to spend time with my 3 favorite people in all the world. But it sure is nice that it's already bedtime for babies, as we say in our home. :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Glad you had a good time, and that you had safe flights. Getting away is fun, but there's just something about coming back home! :)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets