I think what I've learned and appreciate about reading the blogs of other T1 Moms is that my son's sugar is much more regulated than I thought. I read of kids dropping drastically without warning. My son's numbers are not always in the acceptable range, but rarely does his number surprise me. If it's low, it's when he hasn't eaten recently. If it's high, it's because he just came home from his grandparents' house. (Don't get me started.)
When I read the blogs of T2's I realize that they face the same problems and health issues as T1's, even though their "treatment" is easier/less painful. But I wonder if their control is less effective?
1 comment:
I often find myself thinking that treatment for T2s is harder. At least if I want a cupcake, I can just bolus for it. I can't imagine having to just have willpower to fight a huge craving, or having to exercise enough to fend off the spike. T2's are definitely on my list of "Admiring the Differences". To all my T2 friends - you rock!!
Post a Comment