I'm getting excited about our upcoming trip. It's sixteen days away. It seems so far away, but then I feel a little panicky feeling when I think of all the things on my list. Will they all fit in the car? Yikes. And I have to fit the kids in there, too!
I've started making a list and starting a stash of toys and activities for my two angels (HA) for in the car. My sister-in-law has been sending me links when she finds them. (Thank you!) I've been putting some things away as I buy them, and I ordered some cute things from Oriental Trading to do in the car, and as some indoor activities if/as we need them.
I bought each kid a small, magnetic dry-erase board. I'm not sure I'll let them have the markers. I did find some cute magnets to hold their papers. I got them each a new color wonder book. I found a cute memory game in a tin awhile back, and I'm going to put a small, self-adhesive magnet on the front and back of each piece. One idea that I read - and LOVE - is to make little stickers of family members' faces for the kids to put on pictures from magazines. I have to think about this and figure out a way to modify it. I want to figure out a way for them to check off our progress. Another idea is to make a checklist of items for them to look for. I am going to make a picture list since Little Boy doesn't like to read, and Baby can't read, yet. I like the idea of giving them a new activity/toy every half hour or so, but that would be a LOT of toys/activities!
I've ordered a couple pieces of no-seeum netting. I'm going to put some 3M hooks on the wall above our beds at the cottage, and use little clips to make mosquito tents. It's been a long time since I've had to try to sleep with bugs buzzing around the room. I figured this could help us sleep unattacked.
I bought a new swimsuit. Woman Within (Lane Bryant) has some cute ones on clearance, and I had a pair of capris in the basket from last week while I was looking. Before I checked out, I surfed for a coupon code. Voila! I found one for 1/2 off the most expensive item AND free shipping! My suit ended up being $14.99!
Yesterday I bought the kids a small pool. It's been unbearable here, and the sprinkler only occupies them for so long. I started looking online for larger, inflatable pools. I'm surprised at how reasonable they are. So next summer we'll invest in one.
DH and kids got haircuts yesterday. DH skipped a haircut last time; he was looking quite bushy. So I let him take my appointment. We drove separately since Baby wiped out in the driveway minutes before it was time to go. I stayed here and played medic. After Baby got her hair cut, I went to the little shop where my dresses are on consignment. I brought some home to put in our pastor's wife's yard sale. When I called her, she told me she's waiting a week. ROLLING EYES But she was thrilled when I told her we'd like to give them our old TV. It's at least 20 years old, but it's a 40 inch, and it still works fine.
Baby woke up early this morning. Actually, she woke up several times last night to go to the bathroom. She went into brother's room and woke him up. She put on a church dress, her new sparkly red shoes and went outside! She decided to sit on the couch and look out the window. And DH and I tried to catch another 40 winks. Until she started pestering from the hallway. So I got up with her. Sigh. DH goes out on last shift tonight, so he needs a little more rest. But it's hard to start off the day irritated at the kids.
It's time for breakfast!
1 comment:
Sounds like you've been busy! We're looking forward to seeing you, too. :)
Post a Comment