Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Irritated

This is supposed to be my husband's week of vacation. But "we've" scheduled appointments this week like "we" didn't realize it was a vacation week. Even though it's marked in "our" appointment book very clearly in the margin. I mean, we didn't make any plans to leave town, so why not, right? Because I'm an idiot?

What was I thinking?

Monday - DH's school
Tuesday - Little Boy's Art class in the AM and Baby's Ballet in the PM
DH's haircut in the evening
Wednesday - Little Boy's therapy and Insurance agent meeting
Thursday - Ladies' Fellowship meeting at church
Friday - Clear for now
Saturday - Clear
Sunday - Clear

And because it's a long weekend b/c of DH's shift, we actually had an additional 2 1/2 days. But they're filling up, too.
Monday - DH's school
Tuesday - DH blood work appt., Art, Ballet
Wednesday - Little Boy dentist appt. in the AM

I think we need to pack our bags and leave town Friday, and come back Monday. Even if we only go to the nearest hotel. I think we need a break.

As for the insurance lady coming tomorrow morning, I hope my attitude toward her is better by the time she gets here.

I know I wrote a post about her last year, but I couldn't find it. I wanted to throw her out the door when she told us Little Boy wasn't eligible for life insurance. It had not been very long since his diagnosis, and I don't think she was very tactful. I don't want her coming into my house. Oh. And she called to me from the other room, "Tammy, you can come in here. You don't have to be afraid of me."

First of all, I'm not afraid of people. I was fixing dinner, avoiding her b/c I was feeling grungey (sp?) and I don't like insurance stuff. Her tone of voice was condescending. I wanted to come out and ask her to leave.

I don't think one day's notice is enough. Why didn't she make the appt. earlier? I have to scurry around now and clean up my messy living room b/c of her. So she's not walking into the friendliest environment tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Do you have to be there the night she comes? I'd be tempted to take the kids and leave.

Tammy said...

She and some guy came this morning just as I was getting home from taking Little Boy to therapy. So I didn't have a chance to pick any more things up. But Daddy did a good job. Oh well.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets