Someone I know is either senile, confused or evil. And I'm afraid to find out which one it is.
See, we have a big family reunion coming up this summer. One of my great aunts, who is evidently in contact with my mom, let her know about it and asked for my and my siblings' addresses. I sent them back to her the same day. And then I started wishing I could go. And I looked at some possible ways to get there. And then I approached my husband about going. And he said I could take the kids. We'll be gone for more than 3 weeks. As much as I'll miss my husband, I'm so excited to go.
So I've been impatiently waiting for information about it. I wrote back to my great aunt, and waited for a response. I wrote a couple of my aunts. One aunt said she was pretty sure it was on Sunday, August 8. The other aunt didn't respond. I started wondering why it would be on a Sunday. So I emailed a different great aunt. She wrote back right away. Saturday, August 7. Ok. I felt like she was a more credible source. She called the first great aunt who emailed me back. Her daughter said she mailed out the invitation 2 weeks ago, but none of my siblings have received anything. Great aunt 1 wrote that it will be on the first Sunday in August. That's the 1st. My cousin saw a post on Facebook and wrote that she thought it was Saturday the 7th. My second finally aunt wrote back, and said that's the correct date.
So I'm waiting to see if I get the official information. The paranoid part of me thinks Great Aunt 1 is up to something. Did she change our addresses so we wouldn't get the information? Is she telling me it's on Sunday so we will miss it? Is this all being orchestrated by the Evil One - my mom?
Or she could just be confused, and for whatever reason our information wasn't sent out. Or she could be senile. Although her emails didn't seem like that.
I DON'T KNOW.
But the fact that I needed to make sure I had the right dates before reserving our cottage made it all a little more urgent.
I think I can safely assume it's that weekend, and I can call about the cottage.
On a different note, it's raining here. Again. There is flooding north of us along the river. Thankfully we live high enough that we don't have to worry about flooding. Our back yard will be very soggy, though. I can still see patches of snow up on the hill across the street.
Little Boy was looking out the window and said, "Mommy, I can see little sproutlings in your garden!" Cute.
And the weather explains the painful hands and feet this morning.
1 comment:
I'm betting that all of our addresses got written down separately because they didn't already have them. And then when the invitations got mailed out, that whole list got missed. I agree that you're safe betting that it's on that weekend, whichever day it is.
Post a Comment