So yesterday we went to the dog breeder’s house. We were looking at the puppies he had, and I zeroed in on a cute, little, fluffy white dog. It had the brightest eyes, and such a sweet smile. You know what smile I mean – the one that says, “Take me home, and I’ll love you forever.”
We don’t want a big dog, so before I got too wrapped up I asked the breeder how big the dog would be full-grown. The guy laughed a little, and said, “I’m surprised you picked that breed.” See, he had a couple different breeds, which is unusual. Most breeders pick one breed and stick to it. But he had different ones. I asked him why that was so unusual.
“His first wife had one of those from us.” Huh? Whose first wife, and why would I care?
“HIS.”
And he nodded toward my husband.
“Huh?” Cloudy, foggy brain. Can’t compute.
“His first wife’s name was Sydney. She bought one of our dogs. Not long after that, she was killed. It was awful.”
I was completely stunned. What was he saying? I looked at my husband in disbelief. This guy had to be nuts. There was no way. My husband had never been married before. When we got home, I called my MIL. I asked her about Sydney. She was really quiet. Then she sighed a huge sigh of relief. “I’ve been holding my breath for ten years waiting for you to find out about her. She was the most wonderful woman. And beautiful, tall and skinny.”
I was just numb. Devastated and numb.
So this morning when we woke up, I asked him about her. I told him what the breeder said, I told him what his mom said, and he shook his head. He was lying there denying EVERYTHING.
“You have some crazy dreams, Dear.”
LOL. I sure do.
"And NO dog!"
Sure. His first wife can have one, but I can't. Humph.
1 comment:
LOL! For a minute there, I was thinking, "I thought they didn't want a dog?"
Dreams can be so real sometimes, can't they?
Post a Comment