I remember now why I never wanted to teach lower elementary grades. I've been listening to my son sound out words, and it hurts my head. I pray that soon the little light will click on, and he'll start recognizing words. I do smile and encourage him, because all said, he's doing well. I just don't know how much more I can take... Until I think about him getting on the bus very early in the morning, and not getting home until well into the afternoon.
OH. And last night I forgot about Baby's ballet lesson. I even sat and looked at my planner with my husband yesterday. The workplace is shutting down machines for maintenance, and he will be working double shifts again this week. Of course, I was irritated with him about his work schedule conflicting with appointments I made LONG ago, and it never registered that I was looking at the current day where it said, "Ballet - 5:30". I didn't think of it until about 12:55 am. And then it bothered me so much I had a hard time sleeping.
Going through Little Boy's lesson today, I read a reference to something that didn't make sense. I went back to the beginning of the book, and realized I've left out a part of the math lessons from the start of the year. So now I have to integrate it into the lessons. It's not a huge deal, but I feel like I need to spend some quality time planning out lessons, and making sure I'm not missing anything.
Kids are snacking and watching a short cartoon, and then we are back to s-s-s-k-s-k-sk-sk-oo-skoo-skoo-skooooool-skoooool -skool. SCHOOL! sigh
1 comment:
We did that with Ethan's swim lessons one day last month ... just completely forgot about it. And I bet when that light goes on and he starts reading more easily, it will be worth all the frustration now! :) School does take a lot of time ... planning, executing, recordkeeping ... you can do it, though!
Post a Comment