Monday, October 26, 2009

God is good

I was talking to our pastor the other day. I was letting him know that I and the kids were sick and wouldn't be at church Sunday.

I also let him know that my SIL's tumor was benign. He was happy to hear that and said to me, "God is good!"

I agreed. I told him, "But Pastor, even if it had been cancerous, God is still good."

I've been thinking about that - that even when things are difficult, or not the way WE would want them to transpire - God is good.

When I get sad about my son's diabetes, and wonder why - He is good.
When I get a good report about my daughter's eyes - He is good.
When I try to make sense of my mother's nonsensical behavior - God is good.

When I think of my dad in Heaven, and just wish he could be here or I could be there - God is good.

2 comments:

Anna said...

So true. Even when we don't understand, God is still good - all the time!

DTOMMike said...

It’s hard to explain to the 6 year old with juvenile diabetes. What a conversation that was.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets