Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Monday

My sister and her sons were here for a week-long vacation. We had a very good time, and my kids and I were sad to see them leave. My kids came in the house and sat on the couch with very sad looks on their faces.

I told them we would go to lunch at "Bessie's shop", and immediately they perked up. They both wanted to know if Bessie was going to be there. Even though they get a little bashful around her and don't say much to her, they really like her.

I decided yesterday to start calling around for a dance studio where Baby could start taking Ballet lessons, but I wanted it to be a class with just ballet. The first place I called was having registration start last night.

So we went to eat lunch and then went past the ballet studio. It's not much to look at from the outside, but inside it's sufficient.

After naps we went to check it out. There was another little girl who will be in Baby's class, and the two of them wanted to see the studio. So they went in. Baby didn't want to leave. An older student showed her some positions, and Baby was mimicking her. The teacher and the older girl's mom both seemed impressed. Baby woke up this morning and asked if today was the day of her class. It's going to be a loooonng wait for her. Class doesn't start until Sept. 8.

Little Boy was heartbroken. I had told him that while I took Baby to the studio, Daddy could take him swimming. But while the kids were sleeping we had a huge storm come through. Daddy played games with him on the Wii, and I think he was placated.

We ate leftovers for supper, and put the kids to bed. I ordered a black leotard, black skirt, and a couple pair of pink tights. We'll need to go to Payless and get her fitted for pink ballet slippers. I'll post a pic when she gets the whole outfit.

I need to get to bed earlier. I've been up too late the last couple weeks, and I'm starting to feel it.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Can't wait to see pictures! :)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets