Monday, November 10, 2008

Smarmy love

My kids like to watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition, but it airs during church Sunday nights. We have a DVR that holds 2 hours of programs, so we get home, change into jammies and settle in to watch EMHE. We were on our way home last night and Little Boy and Baby were not getting along very well in the back seat, nor were they quiet. I told them they needed to be good, or I wasn't going to allow them to watch EMHE. Here's what DH and I heard: "Oh {sister} (he said her name), I love you so much!" "Oh, you are my best brother!" "Oh, let me hold your hand." "I love you, my brother." DH and I were in the front seat trying to not laugh or barf at the same time. It was hysterical. How smarmy!

So, we got home and backed up the recorder and were watching the end of the race and the recorder froze and turned itself off. So much for EMHE. Little Boy looked at me and said very sadly, "I guess we'll have to wait for next week." Poor little boy - all that mushiness for naught.

1 comment:

Anna said...

That is so funny! They both know how to turn on the ... ummm, charm? is that the right word? LOL!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets