Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So disappointing

This morning I got the kids ready and in the car in plenty of time to make it to story time at the library. We got about 2 blocks away and the traffic was backed up. The fireman waved us around and down a side street - they weren't letting anyone through. We went around the town, got gas, and I thought maybe we could get to the library from the other direction. Nope. So - plan B - we came back to our town and stopped at the library here in town to pick up some books I have on hold, but it was closed. Baby cried when we climbed back into the car.

Plan C - I decided to take them to Bessie's shop for lunch if she was working - we drove past and she wasn't working. They started crying, again. So we picked up Happy Meals on the way home, and had a picnic in the living room. Maybe we'll make it next time.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Oh, don't you hate days like that? Hope next time is better!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets