Last night we had a celebration dinner. We had steak, curly fries, baked beans, green beans and Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice. I pulled out the pretty glasses for Husband and me, and pulled out the Denny's rocket cups with curly straws for the kids. We had a "toast" - 4 more years - 4 more good years for our family. Had John McCain pulled off an upset, it would have been much more exuberant.
After dinner, my son was walking through the living room and put his fists in the air as he chanted, "John Mc-Cain, John Mc-Cain!" I hugged him and told him that's how I felt, too.
I had to make a conscious decision to have a good attitude last night. I know I am overly competitive and the stakes in the political election are so high that I know I could very easily fall into depression. Knowing I need to trust the Lord and that everything is in His control doesn't just magically fix the way I feel. But I know my kids need to see from me that everything is going to be ok - that God will take care of us. My son told me he is sad John McCain didn't win.
I have a long way to go in accepting Obama as MY president.
3 comments:
Sounds like you're choosing to have a good attitude - good for you! We had to have a talk with our oldest, too. He was afraid they would come take our guns away. :D Bitter, religious gun owners that we are!
Ooo. I had forgotten about the guns. Good thing Little Boy doesn't know about that - he'd be hiding his toys. LOL.
I just found your blog. I'm a Christian homeschooling Mom of 3 girls. We've been studying about the election of US Presidents. Technically, Obama is not our President yet. Dec. 15, the Electoral College votes. Jan. 6, 2009, the votes are opened and tallied.
It ain't over yet!
I have choosen to NOT have my spell-checker recognize Obama's name. It shows up on my computer underlined with red, and it reminds me to pray for the man and for our country...
BTW, Happy Thanksgiving!
<><, Elizabeth
Post a Comment